tattoos

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One thing has not changed - yet Rahman talks a lot.

(Reuters) - When Nasreen Munni Kabir set out to write a biography of the composer AR Rahman, his publisher was skeptical.

How could build the life of someone who is famous for his reticence? Kabir was finally reached, but it took eight long years to do so.

During this time, Rahman had also changed, from a popular Bollywood composer of Tamil film to an Oscar-winning artist working with the likes of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Danny Boyle.

One thing has not changed - yet Rahman talks a lot. However, the reclusive 45-year-old, spoke to Reuters on the sidelines of the launch of its first official biography "The spirit of the music."

Q: Was it difficult to talk about yourself when writing this book?

A: "Actually, there are a lot of facts out there I've said in many interviews. But she (author Nasreen Munni Kabir) I wanted to do was have a certainty in the matter, and that's what is so special Munni and what makes it work. It is more universal, rather than a picture of me in a very nice single tone. Most of the things I have spoken before, but there are certain aspects that are new. "

Q: You spoke of having to choose between love and hate. Have you experienced any hatred, envy, or perhaps after her great success in the West and Oscar?

A: "I think everything is opposite. And spirituality, says that when you have all that much, fame, the opposite comes to you. So I was expecting. It was, but I could not handle it. It was not as disastrous as I thought it would and helped to be spiritual. It was almost expected that would happen, in a way. I was famous from the age of 13 years, and after a while you become immune to it - in a good way. We look on the positive and what you can do with it. "

Q: faced criticism for the song of the Commonwealth Games. Did it affect you?

A: "I said I also need the opportunity to not (laughs)."

Q: Do you see a failure?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger