tattoos

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Imran acts as Salman's body double

Bookmark and Share


In Salman's absence, the younger Khan will keep the tradition alive and watch Bodyguard first show in a Bandra theatre

This Eid, Salman Khan's fans might be a little disappointed. While his film Bodyguard will release on the big day, completing the hat-trick after Wanted and Dabangg, the star himself will not be there to watch the first day first show of Bodyguard with his fans.

The actor, who has never broken his tradition of watching his releases every Eid at a popular Bandra theatre, commonly known as the G-7 complex, had to fly off to the US for treatment this time around. And Imran Khan has volunteered to stand in for the star and keep the tradition alive.

A source informed, "Salman Khan goes to Gaiety Galaxy every Eid. He interacts with the audience as well. It's kind of a ritual and all his fans wait for this day. However, this year he is not in Mumbai. Imran Khan has decided to go and meet the audience on Salman's behalf. He wants to do this for Salman."

When contacted, Imran confirmed the news and said, "I am going to watch the matinee show at the theatre. The real fun lies there - in watching the film with people who come in for the first day first show."

"Salmanbhai's films have been releasing around Eid and people who stay in Bandra are well aware of this ritual. This year, since Salmanbhai has gone abroad for surgery, I will be going to watch the film on his behalf.

I have friends who are die-hard Salman fans and they had already made plans to watch Bodyguard.

I have decided to join them. I am going to have so much fun. People are going to throw coins at the screen and I can see all of that firsthand," added Imran.

The actor continued, "Salmanbhai has always been very supportive. He stood by me when my films released - starting with Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na to Delhi Belly. This is my way to show gratitude in whatever little way I can."

Speaking about his plans, Imran added, "I would be interacting with the audience. Normally, I would have gone to a multiplex to watch the film, but since Salmanbhai is not there, I decided to stand in for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger